Newport Makerspace / Creudy Casnewydd Makerspace Members Code of Conduct Policy
This policy applies to all members of Newport Makerspace / Creudy Casnewydd (including volunteers and organisers). The purpose of this document is to confirm the behaviour and courtesy that all makerspace users are required to follow.
To be a member of NMCC, you agree to be respectful to all other members. The makerspace (including our online community) is an inclusive environment and community for anyone to join, no matter who they are. Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. Appropriate action will be taken against any users who do not follow this agreement in accordance with our Complaints and Grievance Procedure.
Examples of inappropriate behaviour include (but are not limited to):
- Offensive comments related to gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, religion, or socio-economic background.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Stalking or following.
- Inappropriate or unwanted physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Inappropriate or unrequested photography or recording.
- Sustained or repeated disruption.
- Lack of respect for personal space.
- Any other action that makes someone uncomfortable.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, do not ignore it. If you can, challenge the behaviour directly. If you cannot challenge the behaviour, please contact a trustee of NMCC. If the offender is a trustee, you can contact another trustee directly (see list below).
Trustees: Aidan Taylor (Chair) Ruth Dixon (Treasurer) Peter Gilbert (Secretary)